Mid Atlantic Region Support Group Meeting
April 30, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC-5
The 2017 2nd Quarter Mid Atlantic Region (DE, Washington DC, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV) Support Group Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, April 30, 2017 from 1pm to 4pm.
This support group is for all X and Y chromosome variations. We are unable to provide childcare for young children during the meeting. However, children age 13 years and older are encouraged to attend and will receive a FREE gift just for coming. We are also pleased to offer a breakout session for teens.
Dr. Len Dostillio Psy.D, a clinical psychologist, will give a presentation on strategies for dealing with anxiety as well as how to build social skills. Len has been working with children and young adults in a variety of clinical settings for over 25 years. He has been the school psychologist at the Centreville Layton School for the past 17 years where he runs a Social Thinking Program that helps students understand how they fit into the social world in which they live. There will be plenty of time for discussion.
Dr. Judith Ross, pediatric endocrinologist, researcher and Director of the eXtraordinarY Kids Clinic at Nemours, will give a brief update on the clinic.
Where: This meeting will be held at Nemours Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children located at 1600 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803
LOCATE THE MEETING ROOM
- You should park in the visitor garage at the hospital entrance and take the elevators up to the atrium
- The meeting will be held in Classroom 1
- Once in the atrium, take the atrium elevators up to the third floor
- When exiting the elevator, turn right and then right again
- This will take you to the connector between the buildings
- Continue straight down that corridor, past the Family Resource Center and continue until you see the overhead sign for the Child Life Activity Center (C on the 3rd floor map)
- Turn right at that corridor and Classroom 1 will be on your left
- Directional signs will be posted along the way to help guide you