Emory University is recruiting participants for a study about Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT). If you are 18 years of age or older, have had recent NIPT or at any time in the past that showed increased risk for X & Y chromosome variations, you are eligible to participate.
The purpose of this study is to gather information about people who have had NIPT experience showing increased risk for X & Y chromosome variations, if they had genetic counseling support and their understanding about NIPT. The results from this study will help to develop a future program to help prospective parents understand more about NIPT and more about X & Y chromosome variations.
Participation involves clicking this link: //www.surveymonkey.com/r/8YKQP6C
These are the steps:
- The first page is the Consent to participate page. Please read and, if you are willing, choose “yes” and be taken to a next page.
- The next page is a survey of demographic information and pre-presentation questions concerning stress, anxiety and coping.
- Please respond to all of the questions in this section of the study
- At the end of this survey, you be asked to view a narrated teaching presentation. Please click “yes” and watch the presentation. The presentation will open in a new window.
- IMPORTANT: When the video is over, please MINIMIZE THE WINDOW and you will be taken back to the survey.
- Please respond to the post-presentation survey and answer all of the questions.
BONUS for AXYS! Emory will donate $20 for up to 30 participants ($600 donation) who fully participate including answering all of the surveys and viewing the presentation.
Thank you in advance for your participation!