ACRC Clinic Visit Stipend
AXYS is thrilled to offer a $500 stipend to help families with the costs to their visit to an ACRC (AXYS Clinical and Research Consortium) clinic. In 2023 our goal is to award stipends to 10 people with each condition: XXY, XYY, Trisomy X, or XXXY. Those with XXYY visit our page for the stipend offered by the XXYY Project.
- This stipend is for those with confirmed X or Y variations. It is not for doctor visits to confirm a prenatal screening test.
- It is not to be used for visits with the purpose of being in a research study, as most studies offer their own travel reimbursements.
- We encourage all who visit ACRC clinics to join the GALAXY Registry.
- Please also use this travel resource: Angel Flight NE, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that coordinates free air and ground transportation for medically stable patients seeking medical care for healthcare conditions require them to travel hundreds if not thousands of miles for the specialized care they need. The organization’s partners with volunteer pilots and commercial aviation partners who fly medically stable children and adults for free. Angel Flight NE (AFNE) has been providing services for 27 years assisting more than 108,000 patients who have flown over 15 million miles to 750+ medical facilities throughout the United States. AFNE’s mission/flight coordinators, who are available 24×7, use web-based system to schedule flight made possible by 400+ volunteer pilots or commercial airline partners. These flights are completely FREE of charge to the patient & family for as long & as often as they need to fly.
We ask that you:
1. Complete this application form. You will be notified that we have received your application.
2. After your visit, you will need to complete the reimbursement form and submit clinic visit related travel and other receipts (doctor bills) so our accountants are assured that this money was indeed used by someone with an X or Y variation to visit an ACRC clinic. You can be reimbursed for receipt-supported expenses up to $500.