Start an AXYS Group
Don’t see a group near your home? We will help you organize a group. You can get together one time or hold regular meetings.
Groups are started by committed volunteers. If you are interested in organizing a group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons to consider forming a local group:
- Create a network of people concerned about X and Y variations
- Bring together the collective wisdom of people who have experienced similar challenges
- Create a group that can make a difference in your community
- Offer the lived experience perspective to legislators, the local medical community and educators
Some of the ways that AXYS will assist your local group include
- Set up registration for the meeting(s) and collect donations to support the event(s).
- Publicize meetings on the AXYS website, via blast emails, in our newsletter and on AXYS Facebook pages
- Use of AXYS webinar software to hold virtual meetings or feature a remote speaker
- Referrals to your group via AXYS’s Helpline and ACRC Clinics.
Many groups have found that a meetings with a speaker and group discussion, and social events such as picnics or meetings at restaurants work best to build a strong network. Current group leaders are happy to mentor new volunteers.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you fostering connections in your local AXYS community.