AXYS Family Conference: Aurora, CO, June 24-25, 2017
AXYS invites you to join us at Children’s Hospital in Aurora, Colorado (near Denver), June 24-25 for our biennial family conference. We are bringing together many of the leading clinicians, researchers and other interventionists. Our goal is to inform you of the latest knowledge about x and y variations and to continue to build the x and y variation community of families and professionals. All family members are welcome!
- Education: Early intervention through young adulthood
- Social/Emotional Development and Issues
- Adult Transitions including Employment and Independent Living
- Endocrine Management/Testosterone Treatments
- Gender Issues
- Seizures and/or Tremors
- Legal Advocacy including SSI/SSDI
- Research Updates/State of the Science
Click here to view a day-to-day agenda for the conference including the Adult Retreat Agenda. Please be aware that the agenda is preliminary and that talk titles, days and times are subject to change. Check back frequently for updates and additions.
Register now to save money! Registrations fees go up 10% on June 1!
- Registration fees include boxed lunches both days. You can select your food preferences when you register.
- Registering a child or children entitles you to access the professional childcare services for those from infancy through age 17.
- Prefer to print a registration form and mail us a check? Click here.
HYATT REGENCY Aurora-Denver Conference Center, 13200 East 14th Place, Aurora, CO 80011
Book now to reserve your room at $149.00 + taxes. Rate good through May 31 only!
Limited number of rooms available at this price, so book now!
OTHER CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES
In addition to talks given by the above professionals, AXYS will be organizing a number of support group meetings, including those that are based on the genetic signatures 47,XXY, 47,XYY, 47,XXX, and 48,XXYY. Details will be provided in the conference agenda.
A room will be provided as a safe space for those adults ages 18 and up so they can talk about issues that are private and personal to their diagnosis. There will be speakers and the room will be available during the time that parents are attending the family conference and the space will not be open to parents.
THINGS TO DO IN DENVER
VISIT DENVER is a private, nonprofit trade association that is responsible for marketing metro Denver as a convention and leisure destination. The Bureau is contracted by the City & County of Denver to act as the official marketing agency for Denver.
OFFICIAL AXYS CONFERENCE FACEBOOK PAGE
You’ll find latest news about the conference here.
While the conference faculty is still being added to, the following individuals have tentatively committed to sharing their knowledge and experience with you:
- Megan Allyse, PhD
- Arthur Arnold, PhD
- Elizabeth Berry-Kravis, MD, PhD
- Dorothy Boothe, PhD
- Nienke Bouw, MSc
- Sharron Close, PhD
- Elizabeth Coan, PsyD
- Virginia Cover, MSW
- Sara Davis, MA
- Shanlee Davis, MD
- Robert Dudley, PhD
- Jacqueline Frazier, M.A., CCC-SLP
- David Hong, MD
- Susan Howell, MS, MBA, CGC
- Jennifer Janusz, PsyD
- Sheryl Kelly, Esq.
- Kimberly Kuiper, MSc
- Akanksha Mehta, MD
- Cory Ellen Nourie, MSS, MLSP
- Armin Raznahan, MD, PhD
- Alan Reiss, MD
- Karen Riley, PhD
- Alan Rogol, MD
- B. Michelle Schweiger, DO, MPH
- Amy Talboy, MD
- Nicole Tartaglia, MD
- Erin Torres, NP
- Rebecca Wilson, PsyD
- Swaytha Yalamanchi, MD